WhatsApp is one of the largest messaging platforms globally with close to 1.3 billion users, out of which around 250 million are in India. The Facebook-owned company actively adds features to make the service more useful and fun. A lot of these features reach WhatsApp beta testers ahead of public roll out.
WhatsApp recently rolled out picture-in-picture (PiP) mode for Android users, again currently restricted to beta. The ‘Swipe to Reply’ is another such feature. In addition, the company is also said to be working on ads in Status, which will reportedly being tested for iOS. More features include inline image notifications, Messenger-like sticker packs, etc.
WhatsApp ‘Swipe to Reply’ feature
Swipe to reply is already available for WhatsApp iOS users. It was recently spotted in Android beta version 2.18.300, suggesting it could soon be rolled out for Android users as well. It lets users quickly respond to a specific message by simply swiping it towards the right side, which will directly open the message in the reply context. This means users will not need to long press a message and click on the reply icon to reply to a specific message in a chat or a group. This was first reported by WABetaInfo.
WhatsApp Picture-in-Picture mode
PiP feature is again something that is present on iOS, but it could soon be made available for Android users. As per a WABetaInfo report, it can be accessed on WhatsApp Android beta version 2.18.301. The feature lets users watch YouTube, Instagram and Facebook videos in WhatsApp app itself.
Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube videos will open in a small window within WhatsApp in chat window of the user who has sent the link. The video bubble will include play/pause, close and fullscreen controls as well. WhatsApp users can decrease or increase the size of the video bubble, or move it around the phone’s screen.
WhatsApp ads for Status
WhatsApp plans to add advertisements to the Status feature, which will reportedly be similar to Stories on Instagram. WABetaInfo claims that the messaging app plans implement ads on the iOS version. The company officially insists that ads on Status for iOS will not weaken the end-to-end encryption.
WhatsApp ‘Biscuit’ sticker pack
WhatsApp could get its own set of stickers and the feature is anticipated for quite some time. According to a previous report by WABetaInfo, sticker preview was available for WhatsApp Android beta version 2.18.218. Now, the site reports that a new sticker pack under the moniker ‘Biscuit’ has been added to the messaging platform. It also posted the preview of the sticker pack and claims that it will be available in the future build.
Facebook-possessed WhatsApp is one of the best dispatcher applications on the planet and in an offer to keep itself at the highest point of the diversion, it generally tries to enhance the client encounter. Presently, it has presented an element that enables the client to download old media content again regardless of whether he/she erased it from their telephone.
Prior, at whatever point the client got records, for example, pictures, GIFs and short clasps, WhatsApp used to store them on its server (for 30 days) till the time they were downloaded by the client. Because of this convention, if the clients erased the media content on their telephone, they couldn’t recover them back until kingdom come.
Presently, WhatsApp has rolled out improvements in its media stockpiling convention. It has chosen to store every one of the messages and sight and sound substance on its server regardless of whether it is downloaded by the client. Rest guaranteed, the server is scrambled so it can’t be gotten to by anyone other than the client.
On the off chance that the client has erased the downloaded media content in the telephone’s stockpiling, he/she can backpedal to the visit discussion on WhatsApp. When it is discovered, simply tap on it to download.
In a related improvement, WhatsApp is trying another component which would enable clients to modify the shape and size of the WhatsApp symbol on the home screen.
WhatsApp for Android gets new feature: All you need to know
WhatsApp beta analyzers utilizing Android gadgets have gotten the new refresh v2.18.74 with the previously mentioned include. With that, clients can pick between default (circle), square, squircle (adjusted square), and tear. Additionally, WhatsApp, which has presented Unified Payment Interface (UPI) benefit for clients to execute cash in India, is likewise trying the Quick Response (QR) code examine include.
The examining alternative is anything but difficult to use as it just expects clients to point the camera at the QR code to start the installment exchange. Once distinguished, WhatsApp will trigger the UPI installment highlight and the client can simply type in the installment sum and finish the exchange.
WhatsApp, the informing application that has an installments part, is growing the installments writes it underpins by revealing the capacity to help QR codes for installments.
In an unsourced report, TechCrunch announced the capacity to offer money related exchanges through QR code is being empowered for clients who are a piece of the Android beta, with a bigger scale rollout slated for the coming weeks. With the element, clients can send cash with QR codes as long as they have WhatsApp Payments.
- The portable application’s capacity to help QR codes goes ahead the foot rear areas of the administration including another component called Send to UPI ID, which gives clients a chance to send cash to any UPI ID in India. Back in July, TechCrunch detailed that WhatsApp, which is possessed by Facebook, gotten a gesture from the Indian government to coordinate UPI into the WhatsApp informing application.
- By empowering installments, WhatsApp will contend with Tez from Google, which as of now underpins shared installments, and Hike, which has the support of China’s Tencent. WhatsApp has likewise included an Advanced GIF Search and Search Stickers usefulness. Both were impaired in the most recent beta yet will show up again in future updates.
WhatsApp to Support Payments via QR Code
In January, the organization reported the dispatch of WhatsApp Business, a free Android application focused at little and medium-sized organizations. WhatsApp noticed the new application will make it less demanding for independent ventures to interface with clients, including its current 1.3 billion clients.
“Individuals all around the globe utilize WhatsApp to associate with private companies they think about — from web based apparel organizations in India to vehicle parts stores in Brazil,” the organization composed. “Be that as it may, WhatsApp was worked for individuals, and we need to enhance the business encounter. For instance, by making it less demanding for organizations to react to clients, isolating client and individual messages and making an official nearness.”
WhatsApp will stop working on some phone operating systems after December 31, 2017, clients won’t have the capacity to utilize WhatsApp on BlackBerry OS and BlackBerry 10 frameworks, and in addition Microsoft’s Windows 8.0 and more seasoned frameworks. Fresher BlackBerry handsets which keep running off an Android working framework will at present is upheld.
The organization says Nokia S40 and Android 2.3.7 and more seasoned frameworks will likewise be unusable from indicated dates throughout the following couple of years. A year back, bolster for WhatsApp Messenger was finished on a few portable stages due to evolving innovation.
Back in February 2016, the informing administration said that the utilization of cell phones had been changed amid its seven years of presence. At the time, around 70 percent of cell phones sold had working frameworks offered by BlackBerry and Nokia – though in 2016, frameworks offered by Google, Apple and Microsoft represented 99.5 percent of offers.
- Any BlackBerry device running BlackBerry OS or BlackBerry 10will no longer be able to use the messaging app in 2018.
- BlackBerry has shifted to Android this year, but older handsets still use its own in-house software.
- Additionally, any phone using Microsoft’s Windows 8.0 (or older)OS will not be supported. Even Microsoft has admitted defeat when it comes to its mobile OS, so the lack of WhatsApp support shouldn’t come as a surprise.
- WhatsApp itself has been around since 2009 and has slowly added more and more features, such as end-to-end encryption and video calling. Because of its cross-platform support it has become the most popular messaging platform in the world.
- Even though it has over a billion users, many of whom have older phones, changes in technology mean it has to phase out compatability to keep security up to date.
WhatsApp pulls plug on older smartphones from New Year
WhatsApp was made in 2009 and has slowly included more highlights, for example, end-to-end encryption and video calling. It is allegedly the most well known informing stage on the planet with more than a billion clients.The popular messaging app made the announcement earlier in the year and explained that it is looking ahead to the iOS and Android platforms.
“This was a tough decision for us to make, but the right one in order to give people better ways to keep in touch with friends, family, and loved ones using WhatsApp.”WhatsApp is to quit dealing with certain more seasoned working frameworks including some offered by Blackberry and Windows from New Year’s Day.
WhatsApp has called time on BlackBerry 10 and Windows Phone 8.0, affirming that it will stop supporting the cell phone stages toward the finish of the year as it centers its improvement considerations somewhere else. The choice won’t mean moment demise for the WhatsApp application on those stages, however it means the end is in locate.
As per WhatsApp, the choice boils down to straightforward prioritization of assets. “These stages don’t offer the sort of abilities we have to extend our application’s highlights later on,” the Facebook-possessed organization affirmed in a help refresh, spotted by Venturebeat. “In the event that you utilize one of these influenced cell phones, we prescribe moving up to a more up to date OS form, or to a more up to date Android running OS 4.0+, iPhone running iOS 7+, or Windows Phone 8.1+ so you can keep utilizing WhatsApp.”
- The choice influences gadgets running either BlackBerry OS or BlackBerry 10, and any cell phone running Windows Phone 8.0 or more established.
- It’ll become effective toward the begin of 2018, and will imply that clients of such gadgets won’t have the capacity to make new records or re-confirm existing records.
- In any case, the applications themselves will keep on working, however WhatsApp cautions that they’ll be on re-appropriated time.
- “Since we will never again effectively create for these stages,” it alerts, “a few highlights may quit working whenever.”
- Unfortunately, changing to another gadget isn’t totally bother free. As a matter of fact beginning with new discussions from a current record isn’t an issue: once you’ve introduced WhatsApp, you confirm your number and your contacts should appear of course.
- Lamentably the same isn’t the situation for visit history, since this moment WhatsApp doesn’t bolster exchanging old discussions between stages.
- Rather the suggestion is to send a total talk history as an email, for chronicling purposes. Not perfect, but rather superior to anything losing your entire discussion as you relocate to another stage with somewhat more future in front of it.
WhatsApp just gave BlackBerry
WhatsApp has been entirely forthright about its intends to censure bolster for maturing cell phone adaptations. Nokia’s S40, which is still genuinely well known on highlight telephones in creating markets, has a little more than a year left, yet will fall under an indistinguishable breaking points from BlackBerry 10 and Windows Phone 8.0 come December 31, 2018. Past that, Android adaptations 2.3.7 and more seasoned will do likewise until February 1, 2020.
The administration deserves some praise for that straightforwardness, also the current expansion of some since quite a while ago foreseen highlights. Back in October, for example, it presented bolster for reviewing messages. Prior that same month, it reported it would include area sharing for clients with their companions.